Resolutions now being accepted
Members please contact your local delegate if you would like to submit a new business item for the 2013 Delegate Assembly.
Resolutions Time Schedule
1. The deadline for resolutions to be received by the staff consultant to the AEA Resolutions Commission will be 4:45 p.m. on October 1, 2013.
2. The Legislative Commission, Education Policy and Professional Practice Commission, and the Public Relations Commission will meet on October 5, 2013.
3. Resolutions not submitted by a commission that are received after the deadline become new business items.
Rules and Procedures
1. The staff consultant to the AEA Resolutions Commission will be responsible for receiving all resolutions. Resolutions will be stamped with the date received and assigned a number for tracking through the commission process.
2. All resolutions received will be typed in proper form on a resolutions template.
3. The Resolutions Commission staff consultant shall assign the resolutions to the appropriate commission(s) and tag each resolution for suggested appropriate document placement.
4. The name of the original maker of the resolution shall be printed with the resolution. If resolutions are combined, names of all makers shall appear. A commission’s name shall also be printed on any resolution that it accepts or modifies.
5. Only the Legislative Commission, Education Policy and Professional Practice Commission, and the Public Relations Commission shall have the authority to make substantive changes in the language of resolutions. In such cases, the changes shall be denoted by the phrase “as modified by.”
6. The commission will vote to accept, modify, refer to another commission, refer to the Resolutions Commission, or reject resolutions. All legislative resolutions must be referred to the Legislative Commission.
7. A resolution can only be rejected if content or intent is already contained in existing documents or has already been accomplished. The commission chairperson will notify the maker of the resolution if any resolution is rejected. Notification of rejection will specify the location of the content in question. Copies of all rejection notifications will be submitted to the Resolutions Commission staff consultant.
8. All resolutions not rejected shall be reviewed by the Resolutions Commission according to the AEA Constitution, Article XI, Section 5, Letter F.
9. On any resolution, new business item, or constitutional amendment that would affect the AEA budget, the Alabama School Journal will report on the estimated cost to the AEA for that item.
Comments are closed.