The Alabama Education Association (AEA) is the largest education association in the state of Alabama. The AEA is an advocate organization that leads the movement for excellence in education and is the voice of education professionals in Alabama. Our mission is to promote educational excellence.
The Alabama Education Association provides legal assistance, professional development opportunities, great member benefits, and a strong voice for education in the Alabama Legislature. The AEA serves as the advocate for its members and leads in the advancement of equitable and quality public education for Alabama’s diverse population.
AEA is an affiliate of the 3.2 million member, National Education Association (NEA) – the nation’s largest professional employee organization. The NEA is committed to advancing the cause of public education and believes every child deserves a quality education.
To promote educational excellence, the Alabama Education Association shall serve as the advocate for its members and shall lead in the advancement of equitable and quality public education for a diverse population.
To support and represent its members and affiliates in their efforts to achieve the mission, the Alabama Education Association, an affiliate of the National Education Association, will pursue the following strategic objectives:
- To ensure equity, excellence, and professionalism, AEA will lead the movement to advance and, as necessary, restructure the state’s public education system.
- To increase awareness and improve public opinion, AEA will communicate a positive image of public education and the association.
- To promote and defend human and civil rights, AEA will work to eliminate all forms of discrimination.
- To protect, improve, and expand the rights of education employees, AEA will advocate political and legal action to gain greater professional, personal, and economic security.
- To maintain a strong united education profession, AEA will implement strategies to enlist, retain, involve, train, and empower its members.
- To successfully achieve the Strategic Plan, AEA will support and adequately fund the necessary systems and services.
To view the AEA Constitution, click here: 2015-2016 Constitution.
Location and contact information
Phone: (334) 834-9790
Toll Free: (800) 392-5839
Physical address: 422 Dexter Ave., Montgomery, AL 3104
Mailing address: PO Box 4177, Montgomery, AL 36104-4177
AEA Staff & Administration: http://www.myaea.org/contact/aea-administration/
Find your local UniServ Director: http://www.myaea.org/contact/uniserv-directors/