Your AEA

Your UniServ Director

AEA UniServ Directors (UDs) are AEA representatives who live in your area and are your first point of contact with AEA. UniServ Directors are there to assist you with any questions or issues you may have that come up in your professional life.

Have a question or need some clarification on a policy?

Have you had a problem arise at school?

Do you need some help figuring out your benefits?

Your UD is available to help you!

Your Local Association

Every school system in Alabama has a local education association, and its members elect the officers of their local. There are bylaws that explain how officers are elected, duties of officers, and organization structure. Your local association is affiliated with the Alabama Education Association.

Add your voice and the voices of teachers and employees to the discussion of important local issues that affect your school by getting involved with them. You can help activate local members, and, if you want to, seek to be the leader of your association. You can learn more about local leadership in AEA’s Local Leader Handbook.

Be a Recognized Voice for Your School

The local Association Representative (AR) is the person dedicated to fostering conversations among AEA members on the local level. The AR is active in communicating and informing educators and making the local and state association aware of local problems and actions. Learn about the importance of an Association Representative by reading AEA’s Association Representative Handbook.  

Communication among educators is paramount to the professional health of a public school. Your local association is the platform for conversation about important issues that affect your school, your employment, and the direction of education at the local.

If you want to be an Association Representative, contact your UniServ Director.