2017-2018 Outstanding Postsecondary Member Award
In an effort to recognize and honor outstanding postsecondary members within AEA and to publicize the achievements of postsecondary members, the AEA Postsecondary Division Executive Committee has created the Outstanding Postsecondary Member Award. The award will be presented during the Annual Conference early next year.
To be eligible for the award, the nominee must have engaged in activities relating to one or more of the following:
• Provided leadership in higher education;
• Promoted, designed and coordinated programs which enhance the relationship between higher education and the community (preK-12, business, international, etc.);
• Worked to improve relations and understanding among higher education groups (private institutions, other faculty and staff organizations, NCAA, etc.);
• Developed and promoted legislation impacting higher education;
• Contributed to NCHE mission, goals and advocacy;
Nominations must include a completed nomination form, a statement outlining in some detail the accomplishments as related to the criteria as well as any supporting documentation which would be helpful to the Awards Committee when selecting the winner.
Nomination packets should be completed in a word processing program and provide up to three pages of support for each criterion selected. Please number and put the nominee’s name on each page submitted.
Please remember, it is those nominating an individual who are responsible for submitting the nomination packet in final form. Time will not permit revising any nomination once it has been selected by the Awards Committee.
In order to be considered, all nominations and supporting documentation must be at the AEA headquarters no later than 4:45 p.m., Monday, November 27, 2017.